Monday, July 16, 2012

Post Surgery Catch-Up

Well, I made it through surgery, through getting my stitches out and starting therapy. I now remember why I said I wouldn't have knee surgery again. It wasn't the surgery or the getting the stitches out BUT the therapy. Oh my! I have so many people to thank. Jeff and I are definitely loved. We had people bring us food, happies, encouraging words and prayers! My list would be long if I listed everyone, but for everyone who did something, THANK YOU! I do want to thank mine and Jeff's mom. I am not sure what we would of done without you. I appreciate EVERYTHING! Also, my sister and BIL who took the time to drive me to and from work last week. I can't forget my husband, who did everything he could to make sure I was comfortable at all times. I saw another side of you through this experience, and it made me love you that much more. I am definitely blessed to of found my other half. Love you, Squinty!!

Enough of that. :) I went into surgery on June 27th, and Jeff got to witness me passing out for the first time. I think it scared him a tad bit. Surgery went great! The next days consisted of me sleeping a lot due to pain meds. I finally decided to ween myself off, so that I could get back to life. I was very upset about getting my stitches out, but luckily it wasn't bad. My mom brought headphones so I could listen to music (REALLY LOUD) to take my mind off of it. Great thinking, mom! Then immediately started therapy, OY!

I am now on my third week of therapy. I am now in a bendable brace during the day, but am supposed to sleep in the straight leg brace. The bending of my knee is coming along and am ready to chunk my crutches. I have added pictures below to show the progress.

After Surgery
After getting stitches out, and working on bending my knee
Shaving for the first time after surgery, yes I had to document ;)
Finally, a bendable brace!! :)
Again, thank you for those of you who took the time to do anything for me, even if it was a text to check on me. You will never know how much I appreciate all of you!

Love,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment