Thursday, May 10, 2012

This and That Thursday!

For the first time I used one of my favorite gifts from our wedding. One of my parents gifts to us was a Shark, which is a steam cleaner for floors (if you didn't know). So Jeff bought us new furniture for the living room and since it was cleared out waiting on the furniture guys to get there, I decided to put it to use. It was very simple and worked like a charm! THANKS MOM!
Yes, you read that correctly Jeff bought us living room furniture!! Have I told you how good he is to me? or how much I love that man?! Probably NOT ENOUGH! He is the absolute best! I could never say enough great things about him. Below is the picture of HIS chair ;) but the rest of the furniture looks the same. I will take a better picture once we get it where we want it.
The night we got the furniture was the night for the "super moon," and it wasn't as super as I thought it was going to be. Jeff and I went outside to check it out and maybe we just weren't in the right spot or looked at it at the right time. But below is a picture of what we saw.
Well, I just returned from another conference in Daytona Beach. Most people think that conferences are nothing but a free vacation, boy are you wrong! I got up at 3:30 AM on Sunday morning to catch my flight out. As soon as we got there, we hit the ground running tracking down our packages, setting up the booth, then went to the room to get ready for the exhibit to start that evening. So, you work 12 hour days then have to take LOVELY customers or potential clients out to eat and entertain. The one night I decided to put my feet in the sand was to play sand volleyball with potential clients, bad idea! I ended up hopefully just twisted my knee severely. Supposed to meet with my orthopedic surgeon (yes, I have one. Don't you? ha! I've had 2 previous knee surgeries) this afternoon for him to take a look at it. Say a prayer for me! I was supposed to arrive home at 4 yesterday, and ended up getting home around 8:30. The joys of traveling!
View from our room, just not right ;)
Ready for the weekend and what it has in store for Jeff and I! I am sure that will have to be a post in itself!

This Sunday is Mother's Day, and I can not WAIT to dedicate a post to my amazing mother and mother in law. They are going to LOVE their gift! So, be on the lookout for what they get! Hope you have a great weekend and be sure to let your mother know how much you love and appreciate her. I promise she has done more for you then you will ever realize!

No comments:

Post a Comment