Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This and That Tuesday

Several things to blog about today. First I made homemade enchiladas for J and I last week. Must say they weren't too bad, but I will be altering the recipe.


Making the cheese sauce

Pre-bake

Added some cheese on top!

Next, we were invited to go to Smith Lake this past weekend with the Langston's and some more couples. We had a great relaxing time. Thank you for the invite and a great weekend full of interesting conversations! ;)
Jeff about to jump!

Nolan passed out, he loves me!
Jeff and I had to leave early Sunday morning after receiving a text from his mom that his papaw Bill was not doing well at all. He was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, and finished his chemo the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. They had to have him transported to the hospital on Memorial Day. After many tests, and MRIs they discovered his cancer had spread and was then partially paralyzed due to a tumor pressing on his spine. After a grueling week, they finally moved him to a hospice house yesterday as he had not spoke or eaten in days. Tuesday morning around 4:30 AM, the Lord healed his frail body as he took his last breath. I have mixed emotions of sadness and relief. I ask that you pray for Jeff's family for the days and weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment